- The definition of destructive is destroying or creating chaos.
An example of someone who is destructive is a person who breaks up every friendship he has ever had.
destructive definition by Webster's New World
- tending or likely to cause destruction
- causing or producing destruction; destroying
- merely negative; not helpful: destructive criticism
Origin: Old French destructif ; from Late Latin destructivus
destructive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Causing or wreaking destruction; ruinous: a destructive act; a policy that is destructive to the economy.
- Designed or tending to disprove or discredit: destructive criticism.
- de·strucˈtive·ly adverb
- de·strucˈtive·ness, deˌstruc·tivˈi·ty noun