The definition of destructive is destroying or creating chaos.adjective
An example of someone who is destructive is a person who breaks up every friendship he has ever had.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- tending or likely to cause destruction
- causing or producing destruction; destroying
- merely negative; not helpful: destructive criticism
Origin: OFr destructif < LL destructivus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Causing or wreaking destruction; ruinous: a destructive act; a policy that is destructive to the economy.
- Designed or tending to disprove or discredit: destructive criticism.
- de·strucˈtive·ly adverb
- de·strucˈtive·ness, deˌstruc·tivˈi·ty noun