- The definition of creative is having or coming from original thought or imagination.
An example of creative is the quality of a unique painter.
- Creative is defined as the work produced with originality in expression or imagination.
An example of creative is the drawings of a fashion designer.
A teacher uses art to encourage students to be creative.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- creating or able to create
- having or showing imagination and artistic or intellectual inventiveness: creative writing
- stimulating the imagination and inventive powers: creative toys
- imaginatively or inventively deceptive: creative accounting
Origin: Midieval Latin creativus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having the ability or power to create: Human beings are creative animals.
- Productive; creating.
- Characterized by originality and expressiveness; imaginative: creative writing.
- cre·aˈtive·ly adverb
- creˌa·tivˈi·ty , cre·aˈtive·ness noun