- The definition of creative is having or coming from original thought or imagination.
An example of creative is the quality of a unique painter.
- Creative is defined as the work produced with originality in expression or imagination.
An example of creative is the drawings of a fashion designer.
A teacher uses art to encourage students to be creative.
- creating or able to create
- having or showing imagination and artistic or intellectual inventiveness: creative writing
- stimulating the imagination and inventive powers: creative toys
- imaginatively or inventively deceptive: creative accounting
Origin of creativeMedieval Latin creativus
- Having the ability or power to create: Human beings are creative animals.
- Productive; creating.
- Characterized by originality and expressiveness; imaginative: creative writing.
- cre′a·tiv′i·ty , cre·a′tive·ness
(comparative more creative, superlative most creative)
(countable and uncountable, plural creatives)
- (countable) A person directly involved in a creative marketing process.
- He is a visionary creative.
- (uncountable) Artistic material used in advertising, e.g. photographs, drawings, or video.
- Have you finished the creative for next week's email campaign?
- The design team has completed the creative for next month's multi-part ad campaign.
- I've included in my portfolio all the creative I've completed in my five year design career.