The definition of imaginative is having or showing creativeness or resourcefulness.adjective
- When you are able to make up an entire fantasy dreamworld to entertain yourself and you can get lost in your own creative ideas, this is an example of being an imaginative person.
- A piece of computer software that does something that no one has ever dreamed of before and that is considered very creative, this is an example of imaginative software.
- having, using, or showing imagination; having great creative powers
- given to imagining
- of or resulting from imagination: imaginative literature
Origin: ME imaginatif < OFr < ML imaginativus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having a lively imagination, especially a creative imagination.
- Created by, indicative of, or characterized by imagination or creativity.
- Tending to indulge in the fanciful or in make-believe.
- Having no truth; false.
- i·magˈi·na·tive·ly adverb
- i·magˈi·na·tive·ness noun