- Artistic is defined as someone who possess creative qualities that enable him to excel at producing creative works like paintings or sculptures.
An example of someone who is artistic is a child with an extraordinary drawing talent.
- The definition of artistic is something considered to be aesthetically satisfying that is creative or that requires a special art or craft skill.
A sculpture that is displayed in a museum is an example of something that is artistic.
- of art or artists
- done skillfully and tastefully; aesthetically satisfying
- keenly sensitive to aesthetic values
Origin: French artistique
- artistically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to art or artists: the artistic community.
- Sensitive to or appreciative of art or beauty: an artistic temperament.
- Showing imagination and skill: an artistic design.
- ar·tisˈti·cal·ly adverb