Tanya recorded the scientific data on the chart when she completed the final portion of the experiment.
- An example of scientific study is the study of astronomy.
- An example of scientific method is using exact measurements for a building project.
The definition of scientific is something relating to science, natural science or done very systematically.
- of or dealing with science: scientific study
- used in or for natural science: scientific apparatus
- based on, using, or in accordance with, the principles and methods of science; systematic and exact: scientific classification
- done according to methods gained by systematic training: scientific boxing
- having or showing such training
Origin of scientificMedieval Latin scientificus, learned, literally , making knowledge (see science and -fic), origin, originally erroneous translated, translation of Classical Greek epist?monikos, pertaining to knowledge
Of, relating to, or employing the methodology of science.
Origin of scientificMedieval Latin scientificus producing knowledge Latin scientia knowledge ; see science . Latin -ficus -fic
(comparative more scientific, superlative most scientific)
- Of, or having to do with science.
- Having the quality of being derived from, or consistent with, the scientific method.
- In accord with procedures, methods, conduct and accepted conventions of modern science.