- The definition of scientific is something relating to science, natural science or done very systematically.
- An example of scientific study is the study of astronomy.
- An example of scientific method is using exact measurements for a building project.
scientific definition by Webster's New World
- of or dealing with science: scientific study
- used in or for natural science: scientific apparatus
- based on, using, or in accordance with, the principles and methods of science; systematic and exact: scientific classification
- done according to methods gained by systematic training: scientific boxing
- having or showing such training
Origin: Midieval Latin scientificus, learned, literally , making knowledge (see science and amp; -fic), origin, originally erroneous translated, translation of Classical Greek epistēmonikos, pertaining to knowledge
- scientifically adverb
scientific definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Origin: Medieval Latin scientificus, producing knowledge : Latin scientia, knowledge; see Science + Latin -ficus, -fic.
- sciˌen·tifˈi·cal·ly adverb