- The definition of clinical is something related to treating the sick or something scientific, overly clean or impersonal.
- An example of clinical is a trial that is done in a hospital.
- An example of clinical is the feeling of a hospital room.
- An example of clinical is a policeman who gives a ticket without emotion; a clinical act.
- of or connected with a clinic or a sickbed
- having to do with the direct treatment and observation of patients, as distinguished from experimental or laboratory study
- purely scientific; impersonal: clinical detachment
- austere, antiseptic, etc., like a medical clinic
- Of, relating to, or connected with a clinic.
- Involving or based on direct observation of a patient: a clinical diagnosis; clinical research.
- Objective and devoid of emotion; coolly analytical: “He spoke in the clipped, clinical monotones typical of police testimony in court” (Connie Paige).
- Suggestive of a medical clinic; austere and antiseptic: a clinical style of decor.
(comparative more clinical, superlative most clinical)