- The definition of clingy is a person or fabric that stays near or hangs on.
- A friend that calls you every 10 minutes and always wants to do everything you do is an example of someone who isclingy.
- A fabric with static that sticks to your leg is an example of something that is clingy.
Variant of cling
intransitive verb clung, clinging
- to hold fast by or as by embracing, entwining, or sticking; adhere
- to be or stay near, as if holding fast
- to be emotionally attached
Origin: Middle English clingen ; from Old English clingan, to adhere, stick together ; from Indo-European an unverified form gel-g- ; from base an unverified form gel-: see climb