- The definition of a heading is the title or subject of an article or another piece of written work.
An example of a heading is a few words telling the subject of an article.
- Heading is defined as the direction a person or thing is moving.
An example of a heading is a car driving south.
heading definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- something forming or used to form the head, top, edge, or front; specif., an inscription at the top of a paragraph, chapter, page, section, etc., giving the title or topic
- a division of a subject; topic or category
- the horizontal direction in which a moving ship, plane, etc. is pointed, usually expressed as a compass reading in degrees
- a drift; gallery
- the end of a gallery
heading definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The title, subtitle, or topic that stands at the top or beginning, as of a paragraph, letter, or chapter.
- The course or direction in which a ship or aircraft is moving.
- a. A gallery or drift in a mine.b. The end of a gallery or drift.