- a secondary or explanatory title, as of a book or play
- a book title repeated at the top of the first page of text
- one or more lines of text, as a translation of dialogue in a foreign language, appearing usually at the bottom of a film or video image
transitive verb subtitled, subtitling
to add a subtitle or subtitles to
See subtitle in American Heritage Dictionary 4
transitive verb sub·ti·tled
- A secondary, usually explanatory title, as of a literary work.
- A printed translation of the dialogue of a foreign-language film shown at the bottom of the screen.
- To give a subtitle to.
- To provide with subtitles: a film that was subtitled for English-speaking audiences.
Learn more about subtitle