- a secondary or explanatory title, as of a book or play
- one or more lines of text, as a translation of dialogue in a foreign language, appearing usually at the bottom of a film or video image
transitive verb-·ti·tled, -·ti·tling
to add a subtitle or subtitles to
- A secondary, usually explanatory title, as of a literary work.
- A printed translation of foreign-language dialogue shown at the bottom of the screen, as in a film or a television broadcast.
transitive verbsub·ti·tled, sub·ti·tling, sub·ti·tles
- To give a subtitle to.
- To provide with subtitles: a film that was subtitled for English-speaking audiences.
(third-person singular simple present subtitles, present participle subtitling, simple past and past participle subtitled)
- To create subtitles for the dialog in a film.
sub- +"Ž title