- The definition of inbound is something that moves inward.
An example of inbound is the freeway that goes toward the city center.
Inbound traffic on a city freeway.
- traveling or going inward
- Basketball inbounds
transitive verbin·bound·ed, in·bound·ing, in·bounds
(comparative more inbound, superlative most inbound)
- Coming in, heading inwards
(third-person singular simple present inbounds, present participle inbounding, simple past and past participle inbounded)
- (basketball) To pass a ball inbounds
- Smith inbounds the ball to Johnson.
- (logistics) An inbound shipment.
in + bound