headhunting definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The custom of cutting off and preserving the heads of enemies as trophies.
- Slang The process of attempting to remove influence and power from enemies, especially political enemies.
- Informal a. The business of recruiting personnel, especially executive personnel, as for a corporation.b. The act or an instance of such recruiting.
Variant of headhunter
- a member of any of certain primitive peoples that remove the heads of slain enemies and preserve them as trophies
- ☆ Slang an agent or agency specializing in the recruitment of executive or highly skilled personnel
- headhunting noun