- The definition of fluffy is something that is soft and airy, or something that is light or without substance.
- An example of something fluffy is a cotton ball.
- An example of something fluffy is a angel food cake.
- An example of something fluffy is a novel that isn't very complex but is still fun to read.
Fluffy white clouds.
fluffy definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- fluffiness noun
fluffy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective fluff·i·er, fluff·i·est
- a. Of, relating to, or resembling fluff.b. Covered with fluff.
- Light and airy; soft: fluffy curls; a fluffy soufflé.
- a. Light or frivolous: a fluffy musical comedy.b. Lacking depth or precision; fuzzy: hazy, fluffy thinking that only confused the matter.
- fluffˈi·ly adverb
- fluffˈi·ness noun