- like wool or tufts of wool; fluffy
- containing or consisting of small woolly masses
- covered with a wool-like substance, as some insects
Origin of flocculentfrom Classical Latin floccus (see floccus) + -ulent
- Having a fluffy or woolly appearance.
- Chemistry Containing or made up of small particles that have been aggregated together.
- Zoology Having a soft, waxy, and woollike covering, as certain insects.
(comparative more flocculent, superlative most flocculent)
- (astronomy) diminutive of flocculent spiral galaxy
- (galaxy): multi-arm
From Latin floccus ‘flock of wool’.