- of or like wool
- bearing wool
- covered with wool or something resembling wool in texture
- ☆ having characteristics of the early frontier life of the western U.S.; rough and uncivilized: used chiefly in
- tangled and confused; fuzzy: woolly ideas
- West a sheep
- a woolen garment, esp. one with a fleecelike surface
- long underwear made of wool
- woolliness noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
also wool·yadjective wool·li·er also wool·i·er, wool·li·est also wool·i·est
- a. Relating to, consisting of, or covered with wool.b. Resembling wool.
- a. Lacking sharp detail or clarity: woolly television reception.b. Mentally or intellectually disorganized or unclear: woolly thinking.
- Having the characteristics of the rough, generally lawless atmosphere of the American frontier: wild and woolly.
- A garment made of wool, especially an undergarment of knitted wool.
- Australian A sheep.
- woolˈli·ness noun