A stack of cashmere sweaters.
cashmere definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a fine carded wool obtained from goats of Kashmir and Tibet
- a soft, twilled cloth made of this or similar wool
- a cashmere shawl, sweater, coat, etc.
Origin: after Cashmere (old spelling, spelled of Kashmir)
cashmere definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Fine, downy wool growing beneath the outer hair of the Cashmere goat.
- A soft fabric made of this wool or of similar fibers.
Origin: After Kashmir.