A piece of paisley fabric.
Fabric that has a colorful swirly pattern that is used to make curtains or a skirt is an example of paisley.
- designating, of, or having an intricate, multicolored pattern typically of abstract curving figures resembling fat commas, used esp. for textile fabrics: originally derived from designs on cashmere shawls imported into Britain from India
- made of cloth having such a pattern
Origin of paisleyafter Paisley, where wool shawls in this pattern were origin, originally made (c. 1800)
- a paisley pattern
- a paisley cloth, shawl, necktie, etc.
Origin of paisleyAfter Paisley.
- made from this fabric, or marked with this design
From Paisley in Scotland, where shawls of this kind were woven in the 1800s.
- A town in the Renfrewshire, Scotland