- a small, woolly or hairy tuft or mass
- Anat. a small lobe on the underside of each half of the cerebellum
- Astron. plage
Origin of flocculusModL, diminutive from Classical Latin floccus, flock of wool: see floccus
- A small fluffy mass or tuft.
- Anatomy Either of two small lobes on the lower posterior border of the cerebellum.
- Astronomy Any of various cloudlike or filamentary masses of luminous gas appearing as bright patches on the surface of the sun often surrounding sunspots.
Origin of flocculusNew Latin diminutive of Latin floccus tuft of wool