- any of several poplars that have seeds thickly covered with cottony or silky hairs, esp. a rapidly growing lowland tree (Populus deltoides) of E and central U.S.
- the wood of any of these trees
Any of several North American poplar trees, especially Populus deltoides, which has triangular leaves and a tuft of cottony hairs on the seeds.
- A tree from one of number of species of tree in the genus Populus (poplars), typically growing along watercourses, with fluffy catkins.
- Populus sect. Aigeiros, a taxonomic section of the poplar genus
- Hibiscus tiliaceus, a flowering shrub or tree in the mallow family