- The definition of fuzzy is something covered in soft fibers, or something that is not clear.
- An example of something fuzzy is a peach.
- An example of something fuzzy is a memory from long ago.
fuzzy definition by Webster's New World
- of, like, or covered with fuzz
- not clear, distinct, or precise; blurred: fuzzy thinking, a fuzzy sound
Origin: probably ; from Low German fussig, fibrous, spongy, akin to Dutch voos, spongy ; from Indo-European an unverified form pus- ; from base an unverified form pu-, to rot from source foul
fuzzy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective fuzz·i·er, fuzz·i·est
- Covered with fuzz.
- Of or resembling fuzz.
- Not clear; indistinct: a fuzzy recollection of past events.
- Not coherent; confused: a fuzzy plan of action.
Origin: Perhaps from Low German fussig, spongy; see pū̆- in Indo-European roots.
- fuzzˈi·ly adverb
- fuzzˈi·ness noun