- A blueprint is defined as a copy of a building or engineering plan, reproduced with white lines on a blue background, or detailed plan of action.
An example of a blueprint is a construction worker's diagram of building plans for a new home.
- The definition of blueprint means to make a copy of a building plan, or to make a detailed plan.
An example of blueprint is to draw a to scale a home that is to be built and then photocopy the drawing using the blueprint process.
A blueprint for an apartment.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a photographic reproduction in white on a blue background, as of architectural or engineering plans
- any exact or detailed plan or outline
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A contact print of a drawing or other image rendered as white lines on a blue background, especially such a print of an architectural plan or technical drawing. Also called cyanotype.
- A mechanical drawing produced by any of various similar photographic processes, such as one that creates blue or black lines on a white background.
- A detailed plan of action. See Synonyms at plan.
- A model or prototype.
- To make a blueprint of.
- To lay a plan for.