- a photographic reproduction in white on a blue background, as of architectural or engineering plans
- any exact or detailed plan or outline
A blueprint for an apartment.
- A blueprint is defined as a copy of a building or engineering plan, reproduced with white lines on a blue background, or detailed plan of action.
An example of a blueprint is a construction worker's diagram of building plans for a new home.
- The definition of blueprint means to make a copy of a building plan, or to make a detailed plan.
An example of blueprint is to draw a to scale a home that is to be built and then photocopy the drawing using the blueprint process.
- A contact print of a drawing or other image rendered as white lines on a blue background, especially such a print of an architectural plan or technical drawing. Also called cyanotype .
- A mechanical drawing produced by any of various similar photographic processes, such as one that creates blue or black lines on a white background.
- A detailed plan of action. See Synonyms at plan.
- A model or prototype.
transitive verbblue·print·ed, blue·print·ing, blue·prints
- To make a blueprint of.
- To lay a plan for.
- A type of paper-based reproduction process producing white-on-blue images, used primarily for technical and architecture's drawings, now largely replaced by other technologies.
- A print produced with this process.
- (architecture, engineering, by extension) A detailed technical drawing (now often in some electronically storable and transmissible form).
- (informal, by extension) Any detailed plan, whether literal or figurative.
(third-person singular simple present blueprints, present participle blueprinting, simple past and past participle blueprinted)
- To make a blueprint for.
- The architect blueprinted the renovation plan once the client had signed off.
- To make a detailed operational plan for.
- They blueprinted every aspect of the first phase of the operation.
- Additionally, these fans are constantly posting images and Starship blueprint links throughout the forum, so searching the forum for what you're looking for could turn up some excellent results.
- This provides a basic blueprint for how to write the character reference letter, and can be helpful because there are several things to keep in mind when writing a letters of recommendation.
- The act is a blueprint for companies to govern their financial activities.As a result of this act, ethical awareness in the workplace has risen as well as scrutiny from governing officials.
- Slate SM From Chase - The Slate Blueprint card has a zero percent APR for up to twelve months and offers services on avoiding interest, paying off large purchases, and spending trends.
- The Slate and Blueprint cards offer cash-back bonuses, plus give card members options for paying down balances quicker and saving interest by selecting charges to apply payments to.