- a map, esp. one prepared for use in marine or air navigation
- an outline map on which special information, as on weather conditions or economic resources, is plotted geographically
- a group of facts about something, set up in the form of a diagram, table, graph, etc.
- such a diagram or graph
- a sheet with such diagrams, graphs, etc.
- an arrangement of a musical composition, as for a jazz band
- a list of the best-selling recordings for a given period: usually used in pl.) (usually with the
Origin of chartOld French from Medieval Latin carta: see card
- to make a chart of; map; outline
- to plot (a course) on, or by reference to, a chart or charts
- to plan (a course of action)
- to show by, on, or as by a chart
off the charts