An example of card used as an adjective is the phrase "card game," which means a game played using a playing deck.
An example of a card is a holiday greeting send through the mail.
An example of a card is the king of hearts.
An example of a card is a driver's license or a credit card.
An example of a card is a tool to raise nap on wool.
- One of a set or pack bearing significant numbers, symbols, or figures, used in games and in divination.
- A greeting card.
- A postcard.
- One bearing a person's name and other information, used for purposes of identification or classification.
- One bearing the image and often the statistics of a sports figure.
- A business card.
- A credit card.
- A magnetic card.
- One used for recording information in a file.An index card; a recipe card.
An example of card is to raise nap on wool.
An example of card is to ask a young man for his driver's license when he is buying beer.
- Any of a pack of small, specially marked cards used in playing various games; specif., any of a pack of.
- A pasteboard with a number of small articles attached for sale.A card of thumbtacks.
- A card identifying a person as an agent, member, patron, etc.
- An illustrated or decorated card, typically folded and bearing a message or greeting for some occasion; greeting card.A birthday card.
- A card to advertise or announce an event, product, etc.A window card.
- Any of a series of cards on which information is recorded.File card, index card, trading card.
A politician known for playing the race card.
He played cards with his friends.
The government played the Orange card to get support for their Ireland policy.
He accused them of playing the race card.
What’s on the card for tonight?
He needed to replace the card his computer used to connect to the internet.
She gave her neighbors a card congratulating them on their new baby.
The realtor gave me her card so I could call if I had any questions about buying a house.
To put a card in the newspapers.
They have to card anybody who looks 21 or younger.
I heard you don't get carded at the other liquor store.