- having unlimited power; all-powerful
- Informal great; extreme: an almighty nuisance
Origin of almightyMiddle English almihtig ; from Old English ealmihtig ; from eal, all + mihtig, mighty
the almighty dollar⌂
Origin of almightycoined (1836) by Irving
- Having absolute power; all-powerful: almighty God.
- Informal Great; extreme: an almighty din.
Origin of almightyMiddle English almighti, from Old English ealmihtig : eall, all; see all + mihtig, mighty (from miht, might; see might1).
(comparative more almighty, superlative most almighty)
From Middle English, from Old English ealmihtig, ælmihtig (“almighty, all-powerful”), equivalent to all-- + mighty.
- God, the supreme being.
- The Almighty has smiled on us and blessed with good fortune.