- a person or thing that makes (in various senses): often used in compounds: steelmaker, cabinetmaker
- Archaic a poet
- a person who executes, as by signing, a check, contract, etc.; specif., a person who signs a promissory note
- [M-] God
meet one's Maker
- One that makes or manufactures. Often used in combination: a filmmaker; a maker of fine violins.
- One who engages in creative do-it-yourself projects, especially those involving technology.
- Law A party that signs a promissory note or contract.
- Maker God. Often used with a possessive adjective: prayed to her Maker for guidance.
- Archaic A poet.
terms etymologically related to maker
maker - Legal Definition
A person who issues a promissory note.