- a person or thing that makes (in various senses): often used in compounds: steelmaker, cabinetmaker
- Archaic a poet
- a person who executes, as by signing, a check, contract, etc.; specif., a person who signs a promissory note
meet one's Maker
- One that makes or manufactures. Often used in combination: a policymaker; a drugmaker.
- Law A party that signs a promissory note or contract.
- Maker God. Often used with a possessive adjective: prayed to her Maker for guidance.
- Archaic A poet.
terms etymologically related to maker
maker - Legal Definition
A person who issues a promissory note.