- The definition of tyrannical is cruel and unjust power or control.
An evil dictator is an example of a leader that would be described as tyrannical.
tyrannical definition by Webster's New World
- of or suited to a tyrant; arbitrary; despotic
- harsh, cruel, unjust, oppressive, etc.
Origin: Classical Latin tyrannicus ; from Classical Greek tyrannikos
- tyrannically adverb
tyrannical definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to a tyrant or tyranny: a tyrannical government.
- Characteristic of a tyrant or tyranny; despotic and oppressive: a tyrannical supervisor.
- ty·ranˈni·cal·ly adverb
- ty·ranˈni·cal·ness noun