tyrannical[tə ran′i kəl, ti-, tī-]
- The definition of tyrannical is cruel and unjust power or control.
An evil dictator is an example of a leader that would be described as tyrannical.
- of or suited to a tyrant; arbitrary; despotic
- harsh, cruel, unjust, oppressive, etc.
Origin of tyrannicalClassical Latin tyrannicus ; from Classical Greek tyrannikos
- Of or relating to a tyrant or tyranny: a tyrannical government.
- Characteristic of a tyrant or tyranny; despotic and oppressive: a tyrannical supervisor. See Synonyms at dictatorial.