- Totalitarian means relating to a government where the ruler or ruling group has complete control.
An example of totalitarian used as an adjective is in the phrase "totalitarian regime" which means a rule where the ruler has total authority over everyone.
- The definition of a totalitarian is a person who practices or supports a government where the ruler has complete control.
An example of a totalitarian is a king who does not give anyone any say in the government.
- designating, of, or characteristic of a government or state in which one political party or group maintains complete control under a dictatorship and bans all others
- completely authoritarian, autocratic, dictatorial, etc.
Origin of totalitariantotal + (author)itarian, influenced, influence by Italian totalitario
Origin of totalitariantotal + (author)itarian.
(comparative more totalitarian, superlative most totalitarian)
- An advocate of totalitarianism.
From Italian totalitario (“complete, absolute, totalitarian") +"Ž -an