- Relating to or being an autocrat.
- Tending to impose one's will on others in an insistent or arrogant manner; domineering. See Synonyms at dictatorial.
(comparative more autocratic, superlative most autocratic)
- Of or pertaining to autocracy or to an autocrat; absolute; holding independent and arbitrary powers of government.
- In recent times the British prime minister has become increasingly autocratic.
- Of or pertaining to the manner of an autocrat.
- Despite his lack of any actual authority his autocratic demeanour annoyed many of his colleagues.
autocrat +"Ž -ic