- The definition of democratic is an attitude or a system that treats everyone equally.
An example of democratic used as an adjective is the phrase democratic society which is a group of people who make decisions together, with each vote counting equally.
- Democratic is defined as something related to the U.S. political party, the Democrats.
An example of Democratic is the Democratic National Committee.
- of, belonging to, or upholding democracy or a democracy
- of, for, or popular with all or most people: a democratic art form
- treating persons of all classes in the same way; not snobbish
- [D-] of, belonging to, or characteristic of the Democratic Party
Origin of democraticFrench démocratique from Medieval Latin democraticus from Classical Greek d?mokratikos
- Of, characterized by, or advocating democracy: democratic government; a democratic union.
- Of or for the people in general; popular: a democratic movement; democratic art forms.
- Believing in or practicing social equality: “a proper democratic scorn for bloated dukes and lords” ( George du Maurier )
- Democratic Of, relating to, or characteristic of the Democratic Party.
- (US politics) Of or pertaining to the Democratic Party.
- Our last Democratic president was President Bill Clinton.
- (rare) Of or pertaining to democracy: democratic.