- The definition of a demo is short for demonstration, whether it be showing how to perform a task or showcasing the talents of a singer.
An example of a demo is a tape with a budding performance artist's work on it.
- a phonograph or tape recording made to demonstrate the talent of a performer, quality of a song, etc.
- demonstration (sense )
- Chiefly Brit. demonstration (sense )
- ☆ demonstrator (sense )
nounpl. dem·os Informal
- a. A demonstration, as of a product or service.b. A brief tape or recording illustrating the abilities of a musician or other performer.
- A product, such as an automobile, used for demonstration and often sold later at a discount.
- A demonstration or visual explanation.
- A recording of a song meant to demonstrate its overall sound for the purpose of getting it published or recorded more fully.
- After hearing the demo the record label approved funding to record the song with a full band.
- an example of a product used for demonstration and then sold at a discount
- a march or gathering to make a political protest
- (computing) An edition of limited functionality to give the user an example of how the program works.
- (computing, demoscene) a non-interactive audiovisual computer program developed by enthusiasts to demonstrate the capabilities of the machine (see demoscene)
(third-person singular simple present demos, present participle demoing, simple past and past participle demoed)