- The definition of a demo is short for demonstration, whether it be showing how to perform a task or showcasing the talents of a singer.
An example of a demo is a tape with a budding performance artist's work on it.
- a phonograph or tape recording made to demonstrate the talent of a performer, quality of a song, etc.
- demonstration (sense )
- Chiefly Brit. demonstration (sense )
- ☆ demonstrator (sense )
nounpl. dem·os Informal
- a. A demonstration, as of a product or service.b. A brief tape or recording illustrating the abilities of a musician or other performer.
- A product, such as an automobile, used for demonstration and often sold later at a discount.