- A magnetic tape used to record sound for subsequent playback.
- A tape recording of sound.
transitive verbau·di·o·taped, au·di·o·tap·ing, au·di·o·tapes
To record (sound) on magnetic tape: audiotaped the interview for replay on radio.
(third-person singular simple present audiotapes, present participle audiotaping, simple past and past participle audiotaped)
- To record onto audiotape.
- One of the major problems with Bigfoot reports is that the sightings themselves are rarely documented with photographs, video tape or even audiotape of the creature's sounds.
- Another approach that can be used to confirm the diagnosis is to audiotape or videotape the child at home or in another less stressful setting.
- Packing a book, favorite game, or an audiotape may help pass the time and ease the stress of receiving chemotherapy.