An example of weight is when a person is 100 pounds.
A contest to guess the weight of a pig.
The weight of responsibilities.
The weight of the evidence is against the defendant.
A heavyweight boxer.
To throw one's weight to the losing side.
Our backpacks were weighted down with food and other essentials.
Weighted the rules in favor of homeowners.
- A metallic solid used as a standard of comparison in weighing.
- An object used to hold something else down.
- A counterbalance in a machine.
- (sports) A heavy object, such as a dumbbell, lifted for exercise or in athletic competition.
- One used to hold light things down or in position.A paperweight.
- One used to drive a mechanism.The weights in a clock.
- One used to maintain balance.weights placed on an automobile wheel.
- One of a particular heaviness, lifted as an athletic exercise.
A matter of great weight.
Exercising in order to lose weight.
He was weighted with guilt.
Ten pounds weight of lead.
A suit of summer weight.
The evidence was weighted against the defendant.
- According to weight rather than volume or other measure.
- To weigh within the limits stipulated for an athletic contest.
- as determined by weighing
- to be important, influential, etc.
- to do one's share
- to take undue advantage of one's authority or rank; be overbearing