An example of weight is when a person is 100 pounds.
A contest to guess the weight of a pig.
The weight of responsibilities.
The weight of the evidence is against the defendant.
A heavyweight boxer.
- A metallic solid used as a standard of comparison in weighing.
- An object used to hold something else down.
- A counterbalance in a machine.
- A heavy object, such as a dumbbell, lifted for exercise or in athletic competition.
- One used to hold light things down or in position.A paperweight.
- One used to drive a mechanism.The weights in a clock.
- One used to maintain balance.weights placed on an automobile wheel.
- One of a particular heaviness, lifted as an athletic exercise.
A matter of great weight.
To throw one's weight to the losing side.
Exercising in order to lose weight.
Our backpacks were weighted down with food and other essentials.
He was weighted with guilt.
Weighted the rules in favor of homeowners.
Ten pounds weight of lead.
A suit of summer weight.
The evidence was weighted against the defendant.
- According to weight rather than volume or other measure.
- To weigh within the limits stipulated for an athletic contest.
- As determined by weighing.
- To be important, influential, etc.
- To do one's share.
- To take undue advantage of one's authority or rank; be overbearing.