- of, in, characteristic of, or suitable for the tropics
- very hot; sultry
The definition of tropical is something related to the tropics - the warm, hot areas located between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
Warm and humid weather often associated with the tropics is an example of tropical weather.
- Of, occurring in, or characteristic of the tropics.
- Hot and humid; torrid.
A tropical plant.
(comparative more tropical, superlative most tropical)
- A tropical plant.
tropic +"Ž -al
- The tropical belt of high pressure persists all the year tion of ture.
- In tropical waters a sea snake is found, which, though very poisonous, rarely bites.
- Oh, and the tropical storm will become a hurricane late Saturday night.
- In some tropical stations, at certain seasons of the year, thunder is almost a daily occurrence.
- On many of the islets numerous tropical fruits are found growing wild, but they are no doubt escapes from cultivation, just as the large herds of wild cattle, horses, donkeys, pigs, goats and dogs - the last large and fierce - which occur abundantly on most of the islands have escaped from domestication.