- of, in, characteristic of, or suitable for the tropics
- very hot; sultry
The definition of tropical is something related to the tropics - the warm, hot areas located between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
Warm and humid weather often associated with the tropics is an example of tropical weather.
- Of, occurring in, or characteristic of the tropics.
- Hot and humid; torrid.
A tropical plant.
(comparative more tropical, superlative most tropical)
- A tropical plant.
tropic +"Ž -al
- The tropical belt of high pressure persists all the year tion of ture.
- In tropical waters a sea snake is found, which, though very poisonous, rarely bites.
- Oh, and the tropical storm will become a hurricane late Saturday night.
- In some tropical stations, at certain seasons of the year, thunder is almost a daily occurrence.
- The plant generally understood by this name is Nepenthes, a genus containing nearly sixty species, natives of tropical Asia, north Australia and (one only) of Madagascar.