- the action of a person or thing that tops
- something that forms the top of, or is put on top of, something else; specif., any of various items put on the top of certain prepared dishes, as cheese or sliced meats or vegetables for a pizza, or whipped cream, sprinkles, chopped nuts, etc. for a sundae
- that excels in degree, rank, etc.
- Brit., Slang excellent
- A sauce, frosting, or garnish for food.
- A part or layer that forms the top.
- toppings The cropped parts of plants or trees after pruning.
- Highest in rank or eminence.
- Chiefly British First-rate; excellent.
- Present participle of top.
(comparative more topping, superlative most topping)