- the state or quality of being superior, or higher, greater, better, etc.
- pl. -·ties an instance of this
Superiority is the state of being greater or better than something or someone else.
An example of superiority is a restaurant being the highest ranked on Yelp.
- the state of being superior
- Many colleges want to achieve football superiority.
- The moral superiority of Christianity to paganism was speedily obvious.
- Thus Descartes gave to modern geometry that abstract and general character in which consists its superiority to the geometry of the ancients.
- "there is nothing in his remains to show that he possessed any real superiority either of intellect or knowledge, or even any remarkable brilliancy of expression."
- The ethico-religious ideal is the sorrowless condition, the state of superiority to all evils, the state of order and of rest.
- True, the supply from India had been more than doubled, the adulteration once so rife had been checked, and the improved quality and value of the cotton had been fully acknowledged, but still the superiority of the produce of the United States was proved beyond all dispute, and American cotton was again king.