- the act of a person or thing that primes
- the explosive used to set off the charge in a gun or in blasting
- primer (sense )
- The act of one that primes.
- The explosive used to ignite a charge.
- A preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface.
- (psychology) The implicit memory effect in which exposure to a stimulus influences response to a subsequent stimulus.
- A substance used as a primer.
- The powder or other combustible used to communicate fire to a charge of gunpowder, as in a firearm.
- The first coating of colour, size, etc. laid on canvas, or on a building or other surface.
- The carrying over of water, with the steam, from the boiler, as into the cylinder.
- Present participle of prime.