- An example of skimpy used as an adjective is "a skimpy dress," which is a dress that shows off too much skin.
- An example of skimpy used as an adjective is "a skimpy meal," which is a meal that is too small.
The definition of skimpy is not enough or something that is too small or not full enough.
- Inadequate, as in size or fullness, especially through economizing or stinting: a skimpy meal.
- Not covering a considerable amount of the body: a skimpy bathing suit.
(comparative skimpier, superlative skimpiest)
- (Australia, Western Australia) A barmaid who wears little clothing. [From 1988.]
From skimp +"Ž -y.