- The definition of skimpy is not enough or something that is too small or not full enough.
- An example of skimpy used as an adjective is "a skimpy dress," which is a dress that shows off too much skin.
- An example of skimpy used as an adjective is "a skimpy meal," which is a meal that is too small.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective skimp·i·er, skimp·i·est
- Inadequate, as in size or fullness, especially through economizing or stinting: a skimpy meal.
- Unduly thrifty; niggardly.
- skimpˈi·ly adverb
- skimpˈi·ness noun