Shane's self-righteous judgement of Hilary infuriated her because it made her feel disrespected.
An example of self-righteous is someone who talks about their religion as if it is the only possible religion.
- Smugly or unduly sure of one's own righteousness.
- Exhibiting smug or unwarranted confidence in one's own righteousness: self-righteous remarks.
(comparative more self-righteous, superlative most self-righteous)
self- +"Ž righteous
- They will become more bellicose rather than diplomatic, more self-righteous and dismissive when criticized.
- Should he be a little judgmental or self-righteous, try as best you can to ignore words expressed and focus on the emotions he may be trying to express.
- 16-17), and on his part he proclaimed that these sinners would enter into the Kingdom of Heaven before the self-righteous saints (Matt.
- The tendency of the Pharisees was to pay tithe on everything, and to make a self-righteous boast of this (Matt.