moralistic[môr′əl is′tik, mär′-]
- The definition of moralistic is relating to right and wrong, or someone or something which believes in a narrow definition of morality.
An example of something moralistic is a guide about appropriate ways to treat a friend.
- of moralism or moralists
- Characterized by or displaying a concern with morality.
- Given to making moral judgments, especially in a self-righteous or judgmental manner.
(comparative more moralistic, superlative most moralistic)
- Characteristic of or relating to a narrow-minded concern of the morals of others; self-righteous
- She was glad to escape her judgmental and moralistic parents.