an actual or practical demonstration or exemplification of some principle
- A concrete illustration of a moral or principle.
- A lesson taught by using a material object.
(plural object lessons)
- A lesson taught (especially to young children) using a familiar or unusual object as a focus.
- An example from real life that typifies/explains a principle or teaches a lesson.
- Anything used as an example or lesson which serves to warn others as to the outcomes that result from a particular action or behavior, as exemplified by the fates of those who followed that course.
- Let that be an object lesson to him.