The definition of a lunatic is a person who is either actually crazy or who is acting crazy and wild in his behavior.noun
- A crazy person is an example of a lunatic.
- A person who behaves in a really wild and bizarre manner is an example of a lunatic.
Lunatic is defined as someone or something that is wild, crazy or absurd.adjective
Wild and crazy behavior is an example of something that would be described as lunatic behavior.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- suffering from lunacy; insane
- of or characterized by lunacy
- of or for insane persons
- utterly foolish
Origin: ME lunatik < OFr lunatique < LL lunaticus, moon-struck, crazy < L luna, the moon: see light
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Suffering from lunacy; insane.
- Of or for the insane.
- Wildly or giddily foolish: a lunatic decision.
- Characterized by lunacy or eccentricity.
Origin: Middle English lunatik, from Old French lunatique, from Latin lūnāticus, from lūna, moon; see leuk- in Indo-European roots.
- luˈna·tic noun