- The definition of lunch is a meal eaten at midday.
An example of lunch is a sandwich at noon after meeting a friend.
- To lunch is defined as to eat a midday meal.
An example of lunch is to go out to get a nice meal with friends at 1pm.
A girl eats her school lunch.
lunch definition by Webster's New World
- any light meal; esp., the regular midday meal between breakfast and dinner
- the food prepared for such a meal
Origin: earlier, a piece, thick piece ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps : first appears as rendering of Spanish lonja, slice of ham, which it formerly paralleled in pronunciation
- luncher noun
lunch definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A meal eaten at midday.
- The food provided for a midday meal.
Origin: Short for luncheon.
- lunchˈer noun
lunch - Phrases/Idioms
out to lunchSlang
- inattentive, distracted, etc.
- eccentric or insane
out to lunch