The definition of nonsensical is something silly or that doesn't make sense.
An example of nonsensical is a story about a flying pink elephant jumping through a window.
- Lacking intelligible meaning: a nonsensical jumble of words.
- Foolish; absurd: nonsensical ideas.
- non·sen′si·cal′i·ty non·sen′si·cal·ness
(comparative more nonsensical, superlative most nonsensical)
From nonsense +"Ž -ical.
- Nobody who has even the slightest passing acquaintance with modern science still asks that nonsensical old question about "nature versus nurture."
- Whether you believe that these perceptions of what's ideal or universal are built into our DNA, or hold the view that fairy tales engender these ideas, classic fairy tales are much more than simple stories and nonsensical rhymes.
- They can be practical devices you need for everyday use or fun, nonsensical things that really have no purpose.
- The radio channel played nonsensical songs from the 60's in a barely successful mission to lift her spirits.
- The old sacrificial hymns were probably obscene and certainly nonsensical, and the substitution for them of the psalms, and of lections of the prophets and New Testament, was an enormous gain.