- possessed or influenced by a demon
- of a demon or demons
- like or characteristic of a demon; fiendish; frenzied
Origin of demoniacMiddle English demoniak ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin daemoniacus ; from Classical Greek daimoniakos
a person supposedly possessed by a demon
- Possessed, produced, or influenced by a demon: demoniac creatures.
- Of, resembling, or suggestive of a devil; fiendish: demoniac energy; a demoniacal fit.
One who is or seems to be possessed by a demon.
Origin of demoniacMiddle English demoniak, from Late Latin daemoniacus, from Greek *daimoniakos, from daimonios, of a spirit, from daim&omacron;n, divine power; see demon.
(comparative more demoniac, superlative most demoniac)
- Someone who is possessed by a demon.
From Late Latin daemoniacus.