- The definition of berserk is someone or something that has lost control or is acting in a destructive way.
An example of berserk is a puppy running around and chewing on everything for no apparent reason.
berserk definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Origin: see berserker
in or into a state of violent or destructive rage or frenzy
berserk definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Destructively or frenetically violent: a berserk worker who started smashing all the windows.
- Mentally or emotionally upset; deranged: berserk with grief.
- Informal Unrestrained, as with enthusiasm or appetite; wild: berserk over chocolates.
- One that is violent, upset, or unrestrained.
- A berserker.
Origin: Back-formation from berserker.
- ber·serkˈ adverb
- ber·serkˈly adverb