- (literally) To travel from one end of something to the other.
- The train went through the tunnel.
- To examine or scrutinize (a number or series of things), especially in a regular order.
- Every morning, she went through her mail over a cup of coffee.
- To enact or recite the entire length of (something).
- To undergo, suffer, experience.
- I went through a lengthy immigration process before I was allowed across the border.
- She's yet to go through puberty, although she's already 17.
- To wear out (clothing etc.).
- I've gone through two pairs of shoes already this holiday.
- To progress to the next stage of something.
- If United don't lose by more than 2 goals, they should go through to the next round.
- To reach an intended destination after passing through some process.
- My payment hasn't gone through yet.
- I don't think my instant messages are going through.