An example of a follow up phone call is a telephone call made to check on the status of an order placed a week prior.
- a follow-up thing or event
- the use of follow-up letters, visits, etc.
- a following up
- The act or an instance of following up, as to further an end or review new developments: The follow-up is often as important as the initial contact in gaining new clients. The social worker's emphasis on followup reassured her clients.
- One that follows so as to further an end or increase effectiveness: The software was a successful follow-up to the original product.
- An article or a report giving further information on a previously reported item of news.
- Alternative spelling of follow-up.
(third-person singular simple present follows up, present participle following up, simple past and past participle followed up)
- follow-up / followup