Destiny is defined as your future or the pre-ordained path of your life.noun
An example of destiny is when you will become wealthy.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
noun pl. destinies
- the seemingly inevitable or necessary succession of events
- what will necessarily happen to any person or thing; (one's) fate
- that which determines events: said of either a supernatural agency or necessity
Origin: ME destine < OFr destinee, fem. pp. of destiner: see destine
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. des·ti·nies
- The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined; one's lot.
- A predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human power or control: “Marriage and hanging go by destiny” (Robert Burton).
- The power or agency thought to predetermine events: Destiny brought them together.
Origin: Middle English destine, from Old French destinee, from feminine past participle of destiner, to destine, from Latin dēstināre, to determine; see stā- in Indo-European roots.