- Volition is defined as the act of using your will to make a conscious decision.
An example of volition is what someone uses to make a personal decision.
- the act of using the will; exercise of the will as in deciding what to do
- a conscious or deliberate decision or choice thus made
- the power or faculty of using the will
Origin of volitionFrench ; from Medieval Latin volitio ; from Classical Latin volo, I wish, present tense indicative of velle, to be willing, to will
- The act of making a conscious choice or decision: He left of his own volition.
- The power or faculty of choosing; the will: as long as I can exercise my volition.
Origin of volitionFrench, from Medieval Latin volitiō, volitiōn-, from Latin velle, vol-, to wish; see wel-1 in Indo-European roots.