Convoy is defined as to escort or protect.verb
An example of convoy is to act as a personal security guard for a celebrity.
The definition of a convoy is a protector, especially for a group of ships.noun
An example of a convoy is a group of trucks traveling together for protection.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
Origin: ME convoien < OFr convoier: see convey
- the act of convoying
- a protecting escort, as for ships or troops
- a group as of ships or vehicles traveling together for mutual protection or convenience
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of accompanying or escorting, especially for protective purposes.
- An accompanying and protecting force, as of ships or troops.
- A group, as of ships or motor vehicles, traveling together with a protective escort or for safety or convenience.
Origin: From Middle English convoyen, to escort, from Old French convoier, variant of conveier; see convey.